We believe all service is an act of devotion to God and your community of faith. We draw closer to God as we draw closer, in loving service, to each other. Service is a key part of spiritual growth and personal transformation. To evolve, you’ve got to get involved.
We believe that everyone has something to give. And we believe that everyone is called to service. There are many places to become involved here at Unity on the North Shore and to accelerate your growth through service. You can be involved a lot or a little. Behind the scenes or out in front — it's up to you. We have a place for you. Our minister and leaders are happy to talk to you and help you find your perfect place.
Event Support Team
Food Pantry Team
Our Spiritual Home (Building & Grounds)
Soul School Spiritual Educator
- Welcome everyone to browse and be able to guide/recommend available books.
- Operate cash register.
- Close out purchases for the day.
- Shares the gift and joy of music with the congregation.
- The choir typically rehearses Wednesdays for 4 to 6 weeks, prior to performing for holidays and special services.
- Provides logistical support for classes, workshops, concerts, special events, etc.
- Assists workshop/class leaders with setups
- Collect and count the offering for events, and sell CDs, books and materials.
- Coordinate Food Pantry collection and delivery.
- Donate non-perishable food items the 1st Sunday of each month.
- Organize annual inside/outside cleaning days.
- Advise Minister & Board on building repairs/maintenance.
- Change furnace filters, light bulbs, minor repairs & painting.
- Annually clean & organize storage areas & miscellaneous tasks.
- Minor painting.
- Sweep entryway before service.
- Plant garden areas.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before service to check equipment and slide show.
- Confirm & implement any changes with Music Dir., and/or Minister.
- Support the energy and mood of service by advancing slides in PowerPoint presentation created by staff.
- Pray with assigned members once a month.
- Pray with others after the Sunday Worship Service (rotation basis).
- Make hospital & home visits.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Training provided.
- Prayer Team Members are anonymous individuals in our congregation who pray with every prayer request placed in our prayer box for 30 days on a daily basis during personal prayer time.
- Prayer class required by Unity.
- Required daily established prayer practice which will allow them to include individuals requesting prayer support.
- Create a loving and supportive space for spiritual unfoldment for our youth (and you!): 10:30 - 11:30 am
- Arrive by 10:15 to review the lesson
- No teaching experience required. Training, engaging spiritual curriculum, and supplies provided
- Classes: Unitots (infants - preschool), Unikids (Gr. K-5), Uniteens (Gr. 6-8), YOU (Gr. 9-12)
- Additional opportunities to help run youth and inter-generational church events.
- Arrive at least 60 minutes before service to check and power up equipment.
- Coordinate sound equipment, requirements with soloist, Music Dir. and Minister.
- Support the energy and mood of service by operating sound board and stage lights.
- Record the service in digital format, burn CDs as needed.
- Greet people & hand out bulletins.
- Give Welcome Packets to visitors.
- Receive the offering.
- Put up seats, straighten hymnals & remove any trash/papers for recycling.
- Greet everyone as they arrive.
- Welcome visitors, request they sign the Guest Registration & wear a nametag.
- Answer questions regarding location of restrooms, bookstore, Youth Education, etc.
- Follow up after service to introduce them to minister & others in church. Show them to the bookstore & Garden Room for fellowship.