UNS Virtual Event and Resource Links
- Sunday Service is offered in-person at 3434 Central Street in Evanston and streams live on Zoom from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., and features music, meditation, message, and practical application. Go to: https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1813&reset=1 to register to get the Zoom Link.
- Garden Chat Online is on Mondays at 5 pm CT. Join Sharon Meyers and other UNS friends to get fresh recipes and chat! See the UNS Happenings and Shoreline e-blasts for the Zoom log-in info, or register for the next Garden Chat at: https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1752&reset=1
- Wednesday Book Group gathers ONLINE from 11 am to 12:30 pm, to listen to and discuss popular audiobook titles by a range of spiritually inspiring authors -- so no need to purchase or read books! Current selection: Sustaining Presence in the Face of Catastrophe by Eckhart Tolle. Register at: https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1779&reset=1
- Divine Feminine Book Group: Meeting via Zoom on Monday, November 1 at 5:30 pm CT. We're continuing our discussion of Women Who Run with the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. Didn't read the book? No problem! Men and women are welcome to join us for an enlightening conversation. Register at: https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1671&reset=1
- Prayer Support: Submit confidential requests online at: https://www.unityns.org/
prayer-request, or call Silent Unity to speak with a Prayer Associate at 800-NOW-PRAY.
- YouTube Videos: Subscribe to our channel for recordings of Sunday Services and other inspirational videos att: https://www.youtube.com/
- Facebook: Like and Follow our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/
UnityOnTheNorthShore/ to stay informed about events and programming. Join our Facebook Group to connect with fellow congregants and friends. https://facebook.com/ groups/221926865546366
In observance of Dia de Los Muertos (a Mexican holiday focused on gatherings to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died, in support of their spiritual journey), you are invited to bring items to commemorate your loved ones (furry pals, too!) for our ofrenda (altar). Offerings can include pictures, flowers, poems, writings, sacred objects, or whatever you are moved to share. Bring them in this Sunday and next Sunday, and then stay for a special brief ceremony after the Sunday service on October 31. Coordinator: Ana Alvarez Navarro
Bobbi Wilsyn is an Educator, Entertainer, Workshop Facilitator, and Motivational Speaker. You know her as one of Chicago's favorite jazz singers and a UNS soloist. But did you know that Bobbi Wilsyn is a licensed Religious Science Practitioner and a study of Positivity Practices, including A Course in Miracles? Bobbi brings wit and humor to Viva La Diva!, a workshop designed to help ladies examine the BS (Belief Systems) that may be causing unwanted stress! You will be entertained, enlightened, and inspired to open your mind to new possibilities at every stage of your life! Register for the workshop at: https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1815&reset=1
Rev. Greg Coles returns to guide us in an exploration of using change for our spiritual growth. Elements of this workshop include seeing change as a way of life vs. destination, the power of authentic vulnerability vs blame, the Kubler-Ross stages of grief, personal journaling, and sharing. Register at: https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1816&reset=1.
Our congregation gathers to process our feelings about upcoming changes at UNS, and release and make clear the path for Spirit to guide us to our next expression as individuals and as a ministry -- Letting Go and Letting God. No need to register; just stay after the Sunday service (or join us at Noon)!
5th Sunday Potluck Fellowship Sunday
The 5th Sundays of the year
We invite our congregants to bring in a dish, salad, or dessert to share during our time of fellowship after service. No sign-up necessary; we'll remind you the Sunday before, and just bring whatever you'd like! Homemade or store-bought, it's up to you! In the interest of serving others, please plan to pitch in with either set-up or clean-up.
Gentle Thursdays ~ Restorative Yoga and Meditation.
Thursdays, 10 am
Love Offering: $10
Facilitator: Vivian Morrison
Find peace, calm, serenity and harmony with this deeply nurturing and restorative process facilitated by our very own Vivian Morrison. She will guide you through gentle restorative yoga poses and deepen your sense of peace and relaxation with her soothing guided meditations. Sign up in the Atrium today. For more information please see Vivian.
A Course in Miracles Study Group.
Sundays, 8:30 am
Facilitator: Jerry Krizka
A Course in Miracles is a spiritual path that helps to remove the blocks that keep one from experiencing God's Love. The Course teaches how to heal our relationships with self and others through practicing its unique method of forgiveness. As a result of practicing forgiveness with the guidance of their Internal Teacher, participants expect to experience more peace in their lives and are led to an ever-deepening understanding of the Course's principles.