UNS Virtual Event and Resource Links
- Sunday Service streams live on Zoom from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. and features music, meditation, message and practical application from Revs. Kurt and Christina and a member of our Chaplain Team. Garden Chat Fellowship will immediately follow the livestream. Go to https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1513&reset=1 to register to get the Zoom Link.
Soul School for kids and teens is also on Zoom 9:15-10:20 am. Sessions include check-in, and a lesson with discussion, creative activity and meditation. Register to get the Zoom Link and Password at: https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1469&reset=1
- Wednesday Book Group gathers ONLINE from 10:30 am to noon, to read and discuss popular titles by a range of spiritually inspiring authors. Current title is Deepak Chopra's "Meta Human" Register at: https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1499&reset=1
- Spanish-English Prayer Service: Rev. Christina Garza and Gabriela Rivero lead this prayer and healing service. The 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month at 7 pm. Register at https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1452&reset=1
- Lunchtime Stress Reduction with Ann Baker and Rev. Kurt Condra. Each week, Ann shares a different relaxation/mindfulness technique to lower stress and improve mood, after which Rev. Kurt shares prays based on group's requests. Register at https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1449&reset=1
- Thursday Calm in the Chaos with Ann Baker uses effective stress reduction techniques to create a group coherence effect that can then be projected out to the community to shift the overwhelming atmosphere from fear to peace.Zoom info: https://zoom.us/j/
930339889?pwd= ZmtMazRqSUFQMWpGeEM5WTcrK1c2Zz 09 . Meeting ID: 930 339 889. Password: 880016.
- Divine Feminine Book Group: Online gathering on Monday, November 16 at 6:30 pm. The next Book Group Selection is Kathleen McGowan's, "The Book of Love." Go to: https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1419&reset=1 to register and get the Zoom link and password.
- Prayer Support: Submit confidential requests online at: https://www.unityns.org/
prayer-request, or call Silent Unity to speak with a Prayer Associate at 800-NOW-PRAY.
- YouTube Videos: Subscribe to our channel for recordings of Sunday Services and other inspirational videos att: https://www.youtube.com/
- Facebook: Like and Follow our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/
UnityOnTheNorthShore/ to stay informed about events and programming. Join our Facebook Group to connect with fellow congregants and friends. https://facebook.com/ groups/221926865546366
Monday, November 2 at 6 pm CT via Zoom
Come join the first annual Dia de Los Muertos/Day of the Dead Virtual Celebration Service and Community Altar sponsored by the Great Lakes Region. Dia de Los Muertos is a Mexican holiday focused on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember those who have died to help support the spiritual journey of those departed as well as those left living and grieving. Day of the Dead gives us the opportunity to share across cultures and traditions to honor those we love. The celebration will be include prayer, meditation, music, special readings, and more. Featured contributors are Rev. Glenda Walden (Unity Fort Wayne), our own Revs. Kurt Condra and Christina Garza, and vocalist Patricia Ortega. Get creative! Come with your face painted, in traditional costume, or show us your celebratory food dishes or your home altar.
Virtual Altar Open Now: Share pictures, memories, poems or writings about your loved ones on the virtual altar (ofrenda).
Go to https://unityaltar.com/ to register for the Zoom event and to access the virtual altar.
"Your Life Story, Your Way: Write Your Own Micro-Memoir" with Sharon Meyers.
Tuesdays, November 10 and 17 at 5 pm via Zoom. Course Fee: $60 for two-sessions, including class packet and professionally edited Micro-Memoir. No writing background or pre-class work is required.
If you have been thinking about writing your life story, but can't quite get your words on paper because it seems too big a project, this class offers a new, easy approach -- the Micro-Memoir. In two class sessions, you will learn to write up your own life experience as a 60 to 700-word story, and have it professionally edited by the instructor as a finished piece for a real result that you can keep, share or even publish. Sharon Meyers is a professional writer and journalist, Sharon has founded and published a lifestyle magazine, authored her own books, and edited books and stories for others. Over the past years, she has worked with elders to write their own life stories and realized that for many, this is a long process. This Micro-Memoir course makes writing easy and approachable, with rewarding results for both each writer and the readers. To register, click: https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1518&reset=1
Wednesday, November 25 at 6 pm via Zoom.
Revs. Kurt Condra and Christina Garza lead an evening of music, meditation, and joy-filled sharing of all for which we have to be grateful. Register at:
5th Sunday Potluck Fellowship Sunday
The 5th Sundays of the year
We invite our congregants to bring in a dish, salad, or dessert to share during our time of fellowship after service. No sign-up necessary; we'll remind you the Sunday before, and just bring whatever you'd like! Homemade or store-bought, it's up to you! In the interest of serving others, please plan to pitch in with either set-up or clean-up.
Gentle Thursdays ~ Restorative Yoga and Meditation.
Thursdays, 10 am
Love Offering: $10
Facilitator: Vivian Morrison
Find peace, calm, serenity and harmony with this deeply nurturing and restorative process facilitated by our very own Vivian Morrison. She will guide you through gentle restorative yoga poses and deepen your sense of peace and relaxation with her soothing guided meditations. Sign up in the Atrium today. For more information please see Vivian.
A Course in Miracles Study Group.
Sundays, 8:30 am
Facilitator: Jerry Krizka
A Course in Miracles is a spiritual path that helps to remove the blocks that keep one from experiencing God's Love. The Course teaches how to heal our relationships with self and others through practicing its unique method of forgiveness. As a result of practicing forgiveness with the guidance of their Internal Teacher, participants expect to experience more peace in their lives and are led to an ever-deepening understanding of the Course's principles.