UNS Virtual Event and Resource Links
- Sunday Service streams live on Zoom from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. and features music, meditation, message and practical application from Revs. Kurt and Christina and a member of our Chaplain Team. Garden Chat Fellowship will immediately follow the livestream. Go to https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1403&reset=1 to register to get the Zoom Link.
Soul School for kids and teens is also on Zoom 9:15-10:25. Classes begin with a simple check-in and sharing to catch up with how everyone is doing, then the session breaks into class “rooms” within the meeting, so our classes can do their own lessons. Register to get the Zoom Link and Password at:https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1363&reset=1
- Wednesday Book Group gathers ONLINE from 10:30 am to noon, to read and discuss popular titles by a range of spiritually inspiring authors. Current title is Byron Katie's "A Thousand Names for Joy." Register at: https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1389&reset=1
- Spanish-English Prayer Service: Rev. Christina Garza and Gabriela Rivero lead this prayer and healing service. The 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month at 7 pm. Register at https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1330&reset=1
- Lunchtime Stress Reduction with Ann Baker and Rev. Kurt Condra. Each week, Ann shares a different relaxation/mindfulness technique to lower stress and improve mood, after which Rev. Kurt shares prays based on group's requests. Register at https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1344&reset=1
- Thursday Calm in the Chaos with Ann Baker uses effective stress reduction techniques to create a group coherence effect that can then be projected out to the community to shift the overwhelming atmosphere from fear to peace.Zoom info: https://zoom.us/j/
930339889?pwd= ZmtMazRqSUFQMWpGeEM5WTcrK1c2Zz 09 . Meeting ID: 930 339 889. Password: 880016.
- Divine Feminine Book Group: Online gathering on Monday, August 10 at 5:30 pm. August's Book Group Selection is Margaret Starbird's, "The Woman with the Alabaster Jar: Mary Magdalene and the Holy Grail." Go to: https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1305&reset=1 to register and get the Zoom link and password.
- Prayer Support: Submit confidential requests online at: https://www.unityns.org/
prayer-request, or call Silent Unity to speak with a Prayer Associate at 800-NOW-PRAY.
- YouTube Videos: Subscribe to our channel for recordings of Sunday Services and other inspirational videos att: https://www.youtube.com/
- Facebook: Like and Follow our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/
UnityOnTheNorthShore/ to stay informed about events and programming. Join our Facebook Group to connect with fellow congregants and friends. https://facebook.com/ groups/221926865546366
Movie Under the Stars - "Moana": 8 pm on Friday, August 14 on the lawn of UNS, 3434 Central Street, Evanston. Join us for a socially-distanced community event. We have 50 registration slots available to watch this fun and inspiring film as night falls on a summer evening. Film Synopsis: In ancient Polynesia, when a terrible curse incurred by the Demigod Maui reaches Moana's island, she answers the Ocean's call to seek out the Demigod to set things right. Bring your own chairs, blankets, popcorn, etc. and take with you anything you bring in. We'll be taking a contactless Love Offering on movie night via our mobile giving app, Tithe.ly. Please download the app onto your phone and set up your account before coming to the event. Register at https://www.unityns.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1417&reset=1
- Spirit of Wellness Class: Third Sundays of the month at Noon. We are continuing to work with Gabrielle Bernstein's book: "The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith." Please email Lori Kozon at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your Zoom link for this class.
5th Sunday Potluck Fellowship Sunday
The 5th Sundays of the year
We invite our congregants to bring in a dish, salad, or dessert to share during our time of fellowship after service. No sign-up necessary; we'll remind you the Sunday before, and just bring whatever you'd like! Homemade or store-bought, it's up to you! In the interest of serving others, please plan to pitch in with either set-up or clean-up.
Gentle Thursdays ~ Restorative Yoga and Meditation.
Thursdays, 10 am
Love Offering: $10
Facilitator: Vivian Morrison
Find peace, calm, serenity and harmony with this deeply nurturing and restorative process facilitated by our very own Vivian Morrison. She will guide you through gentle restorative yoga poses and deepen your sense of peace and relaxation with her soothing guided meditations. Sign up in the Atrium today. For more information please see Vivian.
A Course in Miracles Study Group.
Sundays, 8:30 am
Facilitator: Jerry Krizka
A Course in Miracles is a spiritual path that helps to remove the blocks that keep one from experiencing God's Love. The Course teaches how to heal our relationships with self and others through practicing its unique method of forgiveness. As a result of practicing forgiveness with the guidance of their Internal Teacher, participants expect to experience more peace in their lives and are led to an ever-deepening understanding of the Course's principles.